With its world-renowned architecture, excellent schools and growing residential market, Oak Park is more than just a great place to live – it’s also a great place to locate and expand a business.
A compact community of more than 50,000 residents in less than five square miles, Oak Park is a perfect market for restaurants, retailers, office users, and service businesses. Frank Lloyd Wright and Ernest Hemingway historic sites attract over 190,000 visitors each year. And our favorable connection to the greater Chicagoland, through both personal and public means, opens Oak Park up to extraordinary consumer potential.
- Village population (2010): 50,371
- Population w/in 5 mile radius (2010): 967,131
- Average household income (2010): $94,871
- Per capita income (2010): $42,421
- Number of employees, private sector (2008): 17,544
- Estimated retail sales in millions (2009): $547
- Median home value (2010): $274,073
- Transit information: 9 CTA elevated train stops, 5 CTA bus lines, 1 Metra stop, 12 Pace Bus lines
Data is from: U.S. Census Bureau, Metro Chicago Information Center, Village of Oak Park and Department of Employment Services.